Deadline: Wednesday 5th May (12 noon)
The IAA supports a comprehensive portfolio of activities and resources across the social science community which will maximise the potential for impact of social science research and contribute to economic and societal development regionally, nationally and internationally. Focused on delivering impact from the outputs of on-going or completed research. It is designed to support engagement with external non-academic partners which could include national and international businesses, public and third sector organisations, or community bodies.
The IAA is open to researchers active in the social sciences across the following faculties:
- Faculty of Social Science
- Arts Humanities & Culture
- Leeds University Business School
- Medicine & Health
Applications are invited for projects across the following strands of activity:
Responsive Mode Impact Fund – Providing funding of up to £15,000 (In exceptional circumstances, where a strong rationale is given, grants of over £15k may be awarded)
Knowledge Exchange Fellowships – Providing funding of up to £10,000 per fellowship
PGR Placement Scheme – A scholarship of up to £1,950 will be awarded based on a 130 hour research placement
Rapid Action Fund – Funding of up to £2k is available
Public Engagement Fund – Funding of up to £5k is available
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th May 2021 at 12noon, please submit applications to Nicola Carroll N.Carroll@leeds.ac.uk
All application forms and guidance are available here
Please direct any questions to Hannah Crow H.E.Crow@leeds.ac.uk
- Before applying please ensure you refer to the full guidance document, please consult with your Faculty Research and Innovation Office at least two weeks prior to the submission deadline for sign off and costings. Please discuss your intention to apply to the IAA with your Head of School early on in the process.
- The awards will only cover directly incurred costs associated with the project and all expenditure must comply with the University’s financial regulations.
- Please ensure your proposed timelines are realistic and any projects are deliverable within the current government restrictions.
- If your project requires requirement of staff please consult your local HR teams to ensure the current UoL recruitment processes are followed and be mindful of any possible delays.