School of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
School of Media and Communication, Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
Research Toolkit are a research and evaluation company delivering research and evaluation projects that are accessible and provide interpretation for policy-makers / educators. They have been based on the University campus for around 10 years and have worked collaboratively with Educational Engagement, Faculty of Medicine, and School of Education.
The placement involves helping the company identify key literature and synthesising content to identify themes and issues in one the following areas of interest:
Research approaches and methods
- Social science research methods
- Impact and assessment methods and mechanisms/evaluation
- Digital storytelling and narrative
- Learning gain research
- Presenting data and information – visual and info graphic
Careers / widening access and participation
- Widening participation
- Careers education
- Career development and work placement and experience
- Secondments and their effect and impact
The project outcomes include working with the director if the business to produce a report and review of materials, which will lead to a practitioner-focused publication / review.