The Steering Group will be chaired by the Director and comprise of the Deputy Directors, Co-Directors (Pro
Deans for Research and Innovation, or nominee, in participating faculties).
The Steering Group will oversee the work of the Institute, review and agree priorities for activities which will:
• Foster a creative and intellectually stimulating environment for social scientists in Leeds to
help them innovate, collaborate, and develop visionary research.
• To respond to new opportunities for funding for research or innovation and to stimulate
responses to those opportunities and where appropriate, coordinate the preparation of
large-scale cross-institutional bids with RIS.
• Provide co-ordinated training for social scientists at all career stages.
• Maximise internal and external collaboration and strategic alliances within and beyond the
social sciences and will act as the first point of contact for N8 initiatives.
• Communicate and showcase (both internally and externally) the social sciences at Leeds
including our distinctive strengths, expertise, activity, new opportunities, supporting new
staff, hosting major international events etc.
Members of the Impact Acceleration Account Review Team consider application forms for each activity strand of our Impact Acceleration Account (IAA).
“What an amazing event! An energetic & inspiring chance for us to look at the participatory work is going on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…”
5 hours ago
“The morning concluded with panelists from LAHRI, Horizons, Psychology, Sustainability Research Institute, Geography… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…”
11 hours ago
“Afternoon session of the Co-production event started with LSSI Director, Louise Waite sharing the news on our new 5… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…”
11 hours ago