In order to support activities that will contribute towards understanding and addressing the Covid-19 pandemic, we are holding a Rapid Action Fund call to allow us to rapidly and flexibly provide funding for research with the potential to address the Covid-19 crisis. The current call features a light-touch application form and short timeframe for application, review and approval.
Funding of up to £2k is available (consideration will be given for funding about this up to a maximum threshold of £4k if sufficient justification of the exceptional nature of the project and the need for rapid and flexible funding is provided).
To be eligible, the application must be:
• Covid-19 related, be it directly or indirectly (i.e. repurposing current research to benefit the Covid-19 situation)
• Have the ability to be delivered remotely
• Projects must be a maximum of 6-months in length
• Projects proposals must align to the ESRC’s disciplinary remit
• Applications are invited from any researcher active in the social sciences who at the point of application, holds a current contract of employment with the University of Leeds which will last the duration of the proposed activity for which IAA funding is applied for. Early Career Researchers (ECRs) who have an employment contacts as described above are eligible to receive funding from the IAA.
• Applications must be led by a named Principal Investigator (PI) within the University, and projects are expected to identify external partners as co-applicants (with named responsible individuals).
The Rapid Action Fund Application Form can be found here, along with our full IAA guidance document which provides details of eligible costs. The deadline for submission of applications is 17.00, Thursday 30 April. Applications should be submitted via email to H.E.Crow@leeds.ac.uk.