An exciting opportunity has arisen for a PGR student to work on a project with Pluto Journals Ltd and the International Journal of Disability and Social Justice.
Pluto Journals Ltd is an international scholarly Journal publisher for the Social Sciences. The Company is owned by the Pluto Educational Trust, a UK registered Charity. Pluto Journals and the Pluto Educational Trust are very enthusiastic about the PGR placement. The timing is perfect – in the lead up to the launch of a membership drive in September. The work of the student appointed would be directly for the benefit and under the oversight of Pluto Journals. The student would attend the regular fortnightly meetings between the editors of the Journal, the Founder and Chair of the Pluto Educational Trust and Membership Development Strategist. In these meetings, priorities and actions for the student’s placement work will be reviewed and agreed.
The weekly working hours and start date are to be agreed by the successful student and Pluto Journals Ltd. The student will be provided with a £1950 bursary to cover their time on the placement.
The placement will be conducted remotely. No equipment will be provided so you will need to be able to access a laptop/computer and internet connection.
The ideal candidate and skills required
- Previous experience of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Understanding of how to analyse data (qualitative and quantitative)
- Previous experience of writing reports +/- academic papers
- Ability to engage with sensitive material / subject matter confidently and appropriately
- Able to work alone, communicate assertively and ask for help when required
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this placement position please send:
- Cover Letter
- Email or signature from your Supervisor that they are happy for you to undertake the placement
To the LSSI Institute Manager, Cheryl Harris: C.A.Harris@leeds.ac.uk by Monday 2nd August 2021.
We will be reviewing the CVs after this date and you may be asked to attend an informal interview with the Pluto Journal Ltd team.