LSSI Postgraduate Research Student Placement Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a PGR student to work on a project with Meanwood Valley Partnership (MVP). Application deadline – Monday 31st January 2022.
Meanwood Valley Partnership (MVP) is a local community organisation that works to deliver a range of different projects that improve life along the Meanwood Valley.
The proposed project/work to be delivered:
- The Greenwood study is an MVP project looking into local community climate action and developing ways for residents and businesses to engage and develop their climate credentials.
- The placement student would use established contacts and develop new local links to investigate local businesses green credentials, whether they would be willing to become greener and, if so, to work with them to develop a roadmap to achieve this.
- The placement student would then work with the Greenwood working group to develop a framework for businesses to improve their green credentials – potentially an award system where more green behaviour earns a better rank. (Gold, silver, bronze).
- The work would be presented as part of a wider Greenwood event, highlighting successes, sharing learning, building networks, and further developing Meanwood’s climate action agenda.
The ideal candidate and skills required:
- Able to work to own initiative and mould the project depending on data collected.
- Interest in the green agenda and climate action.
- Able to critically engage and develop questions to ensure as complete a map of Meanwood Central Business District is created and delivered in an editable format so it can respond to behavioural changes in the local business community.
- Able to work well with the wider community team and understand how this workload will sit within a wider city climate agenda.
How to apply:
This opportunity is open to Postgraduate Researchers from the University of Leeds. If you are interested in applying for this placement, please send to the LSSI Institute Manager, Cheryl Harris: C.A.Harris@leeds.ac.uk by Friday 31st January 2022:
· Cover Letter
· Email from your Supervisor that they are happy for you to undertake the placement
We will be reviewing the CVs after this date and you may be asked to attend an informal interview.