To develop our links to external organisations, we are developing a Placement Fellowship Scheme. The scheme will enable social science researchers to work with a wide range of organisations, undertaking policy relevant research and developing the research skills within the organisation.
Initially, the scheme was aimed at research and lecturing staff employed by the University of Leeds and we have now extended the scheme to postgraduate students. Further opportunities will be available in the future via the new White Rose Doctoral Training Centre.
We have a number of PGR placement opportunities available with local organisations in the voluntary, third and public sectors, on a 13 week placement for 10 hours per week, beginning between 1 and 28 April 2011, to address their research needs.
- Development of Chapeltown CAB’s Social Policy Plan
with Chapeltown Citizen’s Advice Bureau (10 hours per week for 13 weeks from May 2011)
- Evaluation of the Impact of Getaway Girls
with Getaway Girls (10 hours per week for 13 weeks from May 2011)
- The Impact of the 2010 Spending Review on Public Services in Leeds
with Leeds City Council (2 days per week for 13 weeks from April 2011)
- Evaluation of the Impacts of Community Impact Programmes
with Business in the Community (2 days per week for 13 weeks from April 2011)
- Project Related Work and Policy Analysis
with JUST WEST YORKSHIRE (2 days per week for 13 weeks from April 2011)
- Chapeltown Global Village Market
with Chapeltown Development Trust (2 days per week for 13 weeks from April 2011)
- To research and scope out a model for effective measurement of the social outcomes of re’new’s activities
with re’new ( 3 months from April 2011)
- Needs in Leeds
with Leeds Community Foundation (2 days per week for 13 weeks from April 2011)
For further details about the placements currently available, please contact Sophia Kennedy on email@example.com