- Funding & Support
- LSSI Support for Interdisciplinary Projects and Networks
- Inequalities Research Network
This network aims to provide a focal point for raising awareness of the collective work being undertaken at the University of Leeds.
At least 20 research centres/groups across the University conduct research on inequalities. This includes but is not limited to social exclusion, health and wellbeing, and environmental justice.
Back in 2015, delegates at an Inequalities research collaboration workshop, hosted by LSSI, identified eight key inequalities themes in which they worked. They supported the idea of establishing a cross disciplinary inequalities network to compliment and build on the existing centres and groups.
- To enable information exchange to help members identify common interests and priorities
- To communicate major issues/challenges identified by external stakeholders which cross disciplinary research can play a role in addressing.
The network is led by a collaborative steering group:
- Dr Ghazala Mir (Medicine and Health)
- Professor Karen Lucas (Transport)
- Professor Sarah Irwin (Sociology and Social Policy)
- Shahab Adris (MEND)
- Tom Chigbo (Citizens UK)
- Professor Gary Dymski (Leeds University Business School)
- Susan Kilminster (Medicine and Health)
- Dr Caroline Mullen (Transport)
- Alex Watson (Leeds City Council)
- Dr Karen Vinall-Collier (Medicine and Health)
- Sinead D’Silva (Education)
If you would like to be added to any of the specific topic groups, please get in touch. For further information about the network, please contact Dr Ghazala Mir.