LSSI Seed Corn Funding Scheme 2020
As part of our support for interdisciplinary social science focussed research, LSSI provides a seed corn funding scheme for the establishment or development of interdisciplinary research collaborations with the potential to secure external research grant funding.
The principal aim of the scheme is to encourage research staff from different disciplines to come together to explore some of the most pressing research challenges facing society. It recognises that small amounts of funding can be crucial to support the development of novel interdisciplinary collaborations and new research proposals. The funding is intended to support cross disciplinary research projects which will, at a later stage, lead to challenge-led and substantial scale externally funded projects. Proposals should be social science led.
The funds can be used to pump prime new research activities such as:
- Pilot a research study;
- Support the development of collaborative research projects;
- Gather or process information that could be used as evidence for a larger research project applications;
- Focused research assistance;
- Convening meetings/sandpits/events with collaborating academics/external partners;
- Meet with non-academic partners.
- The funding scheme opens for applications from Monday 6th January 2020.
- Completed application forms should be submitted to email@example.com by Thursday 6th February 2020.
- Lead investigators will be informed of the outcome of their application in mid-February.
- If successful, applicants should provide details of the account code to which funds should be transferred as soon as possible after notification of outcome.