- Time: 10:00am - 10:30am
- Location: Online Event
- External URL: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/webinar-review-of-research-policy-collaboration-registration-131168533615
- Professor Adam Crawford, Director of LSSI and principal investigator for the Review
- Dr Nicola Carroll, Postdoctoral Researcher for the Review
- Camilla McCartney, Engagement Officer at LSSI
- Dr Tom Knowland, Head of Sustainable Energy and Climate Change at Leeds City Council
- Simon Foy, Head of Policy, Intelligence, Strategy and Resources at Leeds City Council
This webinar will present findings from the Review of Research-Policy Collaboration between the University of Leeds and Leeds City Council.
The Review was carried by Leeds Social Sciences Institute (LSSI) during Spring/Summer 2020. The aim was to help enhance the value and impact of research and policy partnerships and maximise the benefits of collaborative working in responding to social, environmental and economic challenges facing the city.
Insights from the mapping exercise, survey and interviews involving staff from the University and the Council informed the subsequent report.
Unlocking the Potential of Civic Collaboration: A review of research-policy engagement between the University of Leeds and Leeds City Council is available to download here
The recommendations identified within the report have now been accepted as the basis for a joint action plan and strategy to accelerate and enhance research-policy collaborations in the City of Leeds and beyond. The webinar will share the findings and recommendations arising from the Review and will include an opportunity for questions and comments. Speakers from the University of Leeds and Leeds City Council will discuss:
• The scale and span of existing research collaboration partnerships
• Case studies of effective research-policy projects
• Key factors in enabling and sustaining collaboration
• Principal barriers to collaboration and tips for overcoming obstacles
• 12 recommendations for optimising partnerships
This session will be held via Zoom. To register please visit Eventbrite