- Categories: LSSI Forum
Implementing the Finch Report on Open Access Round Table
The democratisation of research knowledge? Gold or Green access? The future implications for individual researchers, learned societies, research funding and universities?
2.00pm Coffee/Tea – Registration
2.30-5.00pm Roundtable, Q&A followed by a reception
The Round Table Event aims to explore and stimulate debate about the transition to open access publishing and its implications for the social sciences. The round table will include prominent national speakers from social science research funders, publishers, scholars, libraries and academic learned societies. It is co-hosted by the Faculty of Education, Social Sciences and Law and the Leeds Social Science Institute, University of Leeds.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Professor Nigel Vincent, Manchester University & British Academy
- Steven Hill, Head of Research Policy at HEFCE
- Adrian Alsop, Director for Research, Partnership and International, ESRC (tbc)
- Dr Alma Swan, Key Perspectives
- Alison Danforth & Judith Mudd, British Sociological Association
- Helen Ashton, Sage Publishing
- Stella Butler, University of Leeds Library and RLUK
To register contact: Julia Ishola – J.H.Ishola@leeds.ac.uk