The ESRC Festival of Social Science 2019 ran from 2-9 November, with over 470 events being held across the UK. Events covered a wide range of topics – AI, mental health, sexuality, parenting, weather, gender, ageing, love, death, economics and education, to name but a few.
The Festival celebrates some of the country’s leading social science research, providing an exciting opportunity to showcase the valuable work of the UK’s social scientists and demonstrate how their work has an impact on all our lives.
The festival aims to:
- encourage, support and create the opportunity for social science researchers to engage with non-academic audiences
- promote and increase awareness of the social sciences and ESRC’s research
- promote and increase awareness of the contributions the social sciences make to the wellbeing and the economy of the UK society
- enable the public to engage with social science research
- engage with teachers and young people and to raise their awareness of the social sciences.
LSSI Festival of Social Science Events
- ‘Building our Future Leeds – an Interactive Game’
- ‘What if…? Create stories from your favourite texts’
- ‘Harnessing the Vital Role of the Social Sciences in Addressing Contemporary Challenges’
- ‘How Ready are Cities for Net Zero?
- ‘What Makes People Happy at Work? Insights from Quantitative Data’
- ‘Talking Together Through Tales, Toys and Tunes’
- ‘Automation in Life’
- ‘The Future of Leeds Parks’